Boiler cost Bournemouth and Poole
Boiler installation cost Bournemouth and Poole
Getting a boiler can be a daunting process for homeowners, but we want to make it as stress-free as possible for our Bournemouth and Poole residents. Some boiler installations are priced too low which leaves you questioning why they are so cheap, while others might try to rip you off. And as the price of purchasing and installing a boiler is one of the most important elements in deciding which supplier or installer you go for, we thought we should provide you with the average cost of boilers throughout the Bournemouth/Poole area.
The price of a standalone combi Boiler
These are typical standalone prices we have seen, based on local research and years in the industry.
- A budget standalone Combination boiler such as an Ideal Logic Combi C24 is likely to start from £750 in Bournemouth. The warranty is an important factor to look out for and this type of boiler, as it only sits around the 2-year mark.
- A mid-range boiler such as Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28CDi Compact comes with a warranty of up to 10 years and prices start from £1000.
- A premium boiler with more output such as the Viessmann Vitodens 200-W B2KE 35kW starts from £1600 and also has a 10-year warranty.
Boiler prices in Poole are on average slightly higher but still reasonable.
- The budget boiler would for instance start at around £800,
- The mid-range boilers such as the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28CDi Compact would start at £1100 – £1200
- A Premium boiler such as a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W B2KE 35kW would start at around £1700.
Standalone System Boiler Price
If you have a larger house with more bathrooms, then you might consider getting a system boiler.
- A simple standalone system boiler in Bournemouth such as a Baxi 618 18kW starts from £839 and comes with a 7-year warranty.
- A similar mid-range boiler with a 7-year warranty, such as a Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 618 starts at £1058.
- Premium boilers such as the Viessmann Vitodens 200-W B2HE 32kW with a 10-year warranty are likely to start from £1650.
- Once again, the boiler prices in Poole tend to be higher in most areas. For instance, a simple 18kW boiler such as the Baxi 618 18kW might have prices starting from £889.
- A mid-range boiler such as the Worcester Greenstar Life 35kW has a 12-year warranty and costs around £1357
Standalone Conventional Boiler Price
Conventional boilers are ideal for very large properties or where multiple bathrooms are often used simultaneously.
- Simple conventional standalone boilers such as a Baxi 430 Heat 30kW start at £800 in Bournemouth and comes with a standard warranty of at least 5 years.
- A mid-range conventional boiler such as a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18Ri starts at £870 and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- A premium boiler such as a Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Compact WB1B 26kW with a 10-year warranty starts at £950 in Bournemouth.
- Most Baxi 400 Heat boilers range from £850 to £940 in Poole.
- A conventional boiler such as a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18Ri starts at £900 and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- A top tier Viessman boiler starts at £1105. It is unlikely to find such boilers priced above £1110.
BOILER INSTALLATION PRICES IN BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE
Boiler installations prices in Bournemouth and Poole vary between £999-4000 depending on the project scope and the location. Typically installers will charge slightly more for Poole residents. Although at Senior Plumbing and heating we keep our prices consistent throughout.
We would typically suggest to stay clear of any installers which offer very cheap prices, as often they won’t have had the experience to make sure your boiler is going to be running as efficient as possible, which will only cost you more in the long run.
To give a rough ballpark of installation costs:
- Budget combi installations: £999-£1400
- Mid range combi installations: £1400-2200
- Premium combi installations: £2200-3400
System or Regular boilers are going to be similar prices, but the job will vary greatly depending on the requirements. Typically they will range anywhere between £1,700 – £4,000.
What impacts the installation price
- Flue exit – If you have a round horizontal flue, then you might not have a significant additional cost. If, however, your home requires a vertical flue or you need to brick up a square flue, then the costs might go up. If your project involves a flue alteration, then the cost in Bournemouth and Poole is likely to range between £300 – £500 depending on the scope.
- If a replacement is taking place – prices are likely to go up considering the labour your engineers will require in pulling down the previous boiler and installing the new one.
- A boiler conversion – this could be costly, especially if the project involves decommissioning the previous boiler to install a different one. In this case, a new flue might have to be installed and some alterations involving the plumbing such as the feed tanks will have to be made.
- Hot water cylinder installation – If you are upgrading from a Combi boiler to a Conventional or Regular boiler, then you might need a hot water cylinder for storage. Hot water cylinders in Bournemouth and Poole start from £300 with premium cylinders starting at £500. In both towns, it is very rare to find a cylinder priced above £1000.
Hopefully this give you a good idea the rough prices installers and suppliers offer throughout Dorset and in particular Bournemouth and Poole. As stated previously, we never fluctuate on price, so if you want an upfront free quote for a top quality installation give us a call